Heavy duty splitter to enable either a 230v or 415v 32A supply to safely feed two 230v 16A 1 phase or 415v 3 phase sockets.
When 16A plugs are connected to a 32A supply, it is absolutely vital that each one is protected by a 16A MCB (circuit breaker). Unless separate 16A MCBs are provided, anything plugged into the 16A sockets is not protected at 16A as it should be; it is protected only by the 32A circuit breaker from the supply. In the case of a fault, the cable and appliance, which are only rated at 16A, could become dangerously hot, causing an electrical fire, without tripping the 32A MCB.
Unfortunately the use of unprotected adaptors with an MCB is a common problem found on the inspection of temporary installations, mainly due to unscrupulous online suppliers providing them for sale, with no regard to the serious safety impact they present. A picture is provided below to illustrate the dangerous item:
- Safely splits one 32A 230v or 415v supply, into 2x 16A 230v or 16A 415v outputs.
- Gewiss robust IP55 weatherproof DIN enclosure (overall dimensions W105mm x H170mm x D98mm).
- 1 phase output units 16A type B MCBs (type C can be supplied on request), 3 phase output units 16A type C MCBs.
- Heavy duty IEC 60309 32A plug and 16A sockets (commonly referred to as CEE, industrial, commando or camping connectors). Please note that the splitter will be supplied with either Menneke, PCE or Gewiss branded connectors, depending on stock.
- Input 4mmsq H07RN-F cable, 0.4m
- Outputs 2.5mmsq H07RN-F cable, 0.4m
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.