Range of heavy duty splitters to enable:
- 2x 230v 16A CEE 60309 commando plugs to be connected to a 230v 32A socket.
- 2x 230v 16A CEE 60309 commando plugs to be connected to a 415v 32A socket.
- 2x 415v 16A CEE 60309 commando plugs to be connected to a 415v 32A socket.
If you are unsure which adaptor you need, please refer to the connectors guide on our generators page.
When a 16A plug is connected to a 32A supply, it is absolutely vital that each is protected by a 16A MCB (circuit breaker). Without a 16A MCB, the appliance will only be protected by the 32A circuit breaker from the supply. In the case of a fault, the cable and appliance, which are only rated at 16A, could become dangerously hot, causing an electrical fire, without tripping the 32A MCB.
Unfortunately the use of unprotected adaptors without an MCB is a common problem found on the inspection of temporary installations, mainly due to unscrupulous online suppliers providing them for sale, with no regard to the serious safety risk. A picture is provided below to illustrate the dangerous item:
- Gewiss robust IP55 weatherproof DIN enclosure (W105mm x H170mm x D98mm), with larger enclosure for 2x 415v unit (W180mm x H180mm x D98mm).
- 1 phase output units 16A type B MCB (type C can be supplied on request), 3 phase output units 16A type C MCB.
- Heavy duty IEC 60309 32A plug and 16A sockets (commonly referred to as CEE, industrial, commando or camping connectors). Gewiss branded connectors.
- Input 4mmsq H07RN-F cable, 0.3m
- Outputs 2.5mmsq H07RN-F cable, 0.3m
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.