Handy adaptor to enable either a 230v or 415v 32A supply to safely feed one or two 230v 16A sockets.
When 16A sockets are connected to a 32A supply, it is absolutely vital that each socket is protected by a 16A MCB (circuit breaker). Unless separate 16A MCBs are provided, anything plugged into the 16A sockets is not protected at 16A as it should be; it is protected only by the 32A circuit breaker from the supply. In the case of a fault, the cable and appliances which are only rated at 16A, could become dangerously hot, causing an electrical fire, without tripping the 32A MCB.
Unfortunately the use of unprotected splitters is a common problem found on the inspection of temporary installations, mainly due to unscrupulous online suppliers providing them for sale, with no regard to the serious safety impact they present. A picture is provided to illustrate the item.
- Safely splits one 32A 230v or 415v supply, into one or two 16A 230v outputs.
- Gewiss robust IP55 weatherproof DIN enclosure (overall dimensions W105mm x H170mm x D98mm).
- 16A type B MCBs (type C can be supplied on request).
- Heavy duty IEC 60309 32A plug and 16A sockets (commonly referred to as CEE, industrial, commando or camping connectors). Please note that the splitter will be supplied with a PME branded 32A plug, not the Europa one illustrated.
- Input 4mmsq H07RN-F cable, 0.4m
- Outputs 2.5mmsq H07RN-F cable, 0.4m
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.