- Enables appliances with a two pin Europlug (type C) to be used with a 13A UK (type G) socket.
- Also compatible with the European CEE7/7 universal plug and German Schuko (type F) plug.
- The unit has a 13A fuse, which is a requirement in the UK for safety.
- Maximum load 13A
What is a type C plug?
A type C plug is pictured and the following technical details may also help to identify it:
|Common Names||Configuration||Voltage||Max Current (Amp)|
CEE 7/16 Alternative II plug
2 pins in parallel
Live and neutral pins: Round, 4mm diameter, 19mm long, spaced 17.5 mm apart at the tip and 18.6 mm apart at the base.
Unpolarised (plug can be inserted either way around)
What countries use a type C plug?
The plug was introduced as the European standard, and is used for low-power appliances in 136 countries. Please note that with the exception of Angola, Gabon, Guinea Bissau and Mauritania, all other countries using the type C Europlug also use other types for higher powered appliances. If you are unsure, check out our Travel Adaptors for UK Visitors Guide.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Comoros, Congo, Congo (Democratic Rep. of), Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Guiana, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Niger, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rep. of the, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam and Zambia.
Why buy your travel adaptors from us?
We began to sell travel adaptors after becoming concerned at how many sub-standard unsafe adaptors were being sold on the internet. A vast number of those on-line present with some or all of the following safety issues:
- Unsheathed pins, increasing the risk of electrocution, particularly for children whose small fingers may be able to touch the live pin when the plug is only partially inserted.
- Non-shuttered sockets, enabling a child to insert a metal object into the live receptacle and receive an electric shock.
- Cannot safely manage the maximum current (power draw) that may occur from the rating of the socket they are recommended to be used with. This means that high power appliances may result in the adaptor over-heating,
- Often do not connect the vital earth pin. Some appliances require an earth connection so that if a fault occurs and an external metal part becomes live, the earth wire safely conducts the electricity away, tripping the circuit breaker or blowing the fuse. If the earth is not connected, the metal will remain live, electrocuting anyone who touches it.
All of our travel adaptors have been carefully selected following exhaustive tests, to ensure that they are entirely safe for use in the UK. They are not the cheapest on-line, but we guarantee that they are the safest.