Fantastically versatile metal pedal foot switch, suitable for controlling a wide range of power tools where a latching switch operation is preferable. Simply plug the unit in between the tool and the power supply.
The pedal was developed in response to customer feedback that there was a real need for a heavy duty pedal with a latching output. Whilst latching pedals are available, they tend to be for low current applications. This unit uses a standard pedal, with a special control unit that converts the pulse each time the pedal is pressed to a latching output:
- When pedal is pressed, the socket turns on. It remains on when the pedal is depressed.
- When the pedal is pressed again, the socket turns off.
- As a safety feature, if the power to the unit is disconnected, the socket will always revert to being off when next connected, even if it was latched on when last used
- Robust alloy metal foot pedal with blue/green painted finish, for heavy duty workshop applications.
- IP65 rated enclosure. This is an incredibly robust unit, which we found in Germany following an extensive search.
- Neon power on indicator.
- Power tool controls often suffer from the relay burning out due to the high current when motors turn off. To overcome this issue, this unit uses a 20A contactor instead. A contactor is a essentially a much more heavy duty relay, used in industrial switching.
- 3m cable (1m between the 13A plug and unit, 2m between the unit and pedal).
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Rated at 230v 13A.
- Where fitted, an NVR would need to be bypassed for the pedal to control the tool.
- PAT tested.
- Can be supplied with any length of cable or alternative plug/socket on request e.g. Schuko socket for European tools.