This lead was developed following customer requests for a lead that enabled an EV to be charged from a campsite 230v 16A 'hook-up', whilst also allowing the caravan/motorhome to remain connected.
The lead has a special connector which is a combined 16A plug and socket. It simply plugs in between the campsite hook up socket, and the hook up lead plug, to provide a weatherproof socket to connect a granny charger.
The picture below illustrates a typical application; an EV charger with a UK 13A plug is connected to a 230v 16A hook up, commonly found at campsites and marinas.
The socket enclosure houses a high quality single socket.
IMPORTANT: Campsite sockets normally provide 16A, and an EV granny charger will use 10A max. Therefore the power consumed by the caravan/motorhome must not exceed 6A.
- Available in 1m and 5m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- 230v 16A T connector.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated high quality Hamilton branded socket. An IP66 rating means that the socket is protected against powerful water jets.
- To guard against unauthorised access, the socket can be locked shut with a small padlock (max 5.5mm diameter) available here.
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about our cables.
- Always ensure that leads are fully uncoiled before use, as coiled leads can become warm when used at high currents.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.