This lead was developed following customer requests for a lead that enabled an EV to be charged from a campsite 230v 16A 'hook-up', whilst also allowing the caravan/motorhome to remain connected.
The lead has a special connector which is a combined 16A plug and socket. It simply plugs in between the campsite hook up socket, and the hook up lead plug, to provide a weatherproof socket to connect a granny charger.
The socket enclosure houses a high quality single socket.
IMPORTANT: Campsite sockets normally provide 16A, and an EV granny charger will use 10A max. Therefore the power consumed by the caravan/motorhome must not exceed 6A.
Please see our article on safely charging electric vehicles for advice on extension leads. We know that deciding on the right temporary charging solution can be more complicated than anyone would first think - please don't hesitate to contact us if we can help in any way.
- Available in 1m and 5m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- 230v 16A T connector.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated exceptional quality 13A socket, for connection to the 13A plug on a 'granny' charger.
- Socket can be locked shut with a small padlock with a maximum diameter of 5.5mm (not included).
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about our cables.
- Always ensure that leads are fully uncoiled before use, as coiled leads can become warm when used at high currents.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.
It is the responsibility of the EV user to consider the manufacturers guidance, the safety of the supply and any other risks, before deciding whether to use an extension lead with an EV charger. Given varying advice from manufacturers and varying risks in a whole myriad of charging scenarios, we cannot make a blanket recommendation that an extension lead should be used. Tough Leads simply supply high quality extension leads which are compatible with the 13A plug fitted to EV chargers. Compatibility with the charger itself is not inferred or implied. It is down to the user to determine the appropriateness of the application; if in any doubt, consult an electrician. Tough Leads therefore cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of using an extension lead.