This lead is designed to connect tools with a 110v 16A CEE 60309 commando plug, to a 110v 16A CEE 60309 commando socket.
Typical use below showing a 110v electric drill connected to a site transformer:
Standard 16A extension leads are often made from smaller 1.5mm easy to damage article yellow cable, which does not comply with the requirements of BS7671 IEE for use on construction/demolition sites (HF07RN-F cable or equivalent is required). The smaller 1.5mmsq flex leads to a greater voltage drop at the end of longer lengths, often leading to power tools running slower than normal and potentially over-heating.
In contrast, these leads are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from the highest quality and most robust cable and plug/sockets available. The much larger sized 2.5mm H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments and its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten. When combined with top quality, extremely robust plugs and sockets, our leads will withstand tough daily on-site use for considerably longer than any other type.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
- Available in 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m and 25m lengths.
- Heavy duty CEE IEC 60309 16A 110v plug and socket (commonly referred to as industrial or commando connectors).
- 2.5mmsq cable for high current applications.
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please contact us for custom lengths. 32A version also available.
- PAT tested.