This lead is designed to connect appliances with a 230v 16A CEE 60309 commando plug, to a 230v 16A CEE 60309 commando socket.
- Construction, commercial including welding and industrial applications to connect equipment with a CEE 60309 plug to a CEE 60309 socket.
- Caravans and motor homes on camp sites, where they are commonly referred to as 'caravan hook ups'.
- Boats to marina power supplies, commonly referred to as a 'hook-up' or 'shore line' power cable.
- Generators to catering vans.
Standard 16A extension leads are often made from smaller 1.5mmsq easy to damage artic blue cable, which does not comply with the requirements of BS7671 IEE for connecting caravans (2.5mmsq minimum cable required). Due to its poor resistance to both mechanical/UV damage it also is entirely unsuitable for marine applications.
In contrast, these leads are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from the highest quality and most robust cable and plug/sockets available. The much larger sized 2.5mmsq H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments and its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten. When combined with top quality, extremely robust plugs and sockets, our leads will withstand tough daily on-site use for considerably longer than any other type.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
- Available in 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m and 25m lengths.
- Heavy duty CEE IEC 60309 16A plug and socket (commonly referred to as CEE, industrial, commando or camping connectors).
- 2.5mmsq cable for high current applications.
- The industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments. Find out what’s so special about this cable
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- There is no regulatory requirement to use orange cable for caravan hook ups. Organisations like the Caravan Club simply recommend it for increased visibility in grass. This increased visibility comes at the cost of using a far less robust PVC cable.
- Please contact us for custom lengths. 32A version also available.
- PAT tested.