Developed in response to customer requests for a time switch which was capable of controlling higher current appliances. Useful for controlling EV granny chargers to operate during the lowest available electricity tariffs.
Standard domestic plug in timers generally use a relatively small relay. Whilst this is sufficient for normal use around the home, they are prone to damage or a shorter operating life when used with higher current appliances, such as EV granny chargers. In contrast, after an extensive search we managed to source a time switch which uses a relay rated at 30A.
- Digital programmable time switch.
- Up to 16 on/off periods can be set for each day, minimum 1 min apart.
- Easy to program using clearly marked buttons.
- Battery back-up to retain settings when power is disconnected.
- Relayed rated at 30A (inductive). Single pole switching. Can be supplied with contactor if required for larger inductive loads - please contact us for details.
- Select from a heavy duty indoor Permaplug trailing socket, or a weatherproof IP66 rated socket.
- Gewiss robust IP55 weatherproof DIN enclosure. Dimensions W105mm x H170mm x D98mm).
- 0.7m in/out of 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please note that the timer will not work if the appliance/extension connected to it as an active RCD (an RCD where the RESET button has to be pressed each time power is connected). Any RCD must being be on the supply side of the timer, or a passive unit.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- Please contact us for custom cable lengths or connectors.
- PAT tested.
- Click here to download the manual.