This extension lead is for use between the Ami 2 pin European plug and the type 2 charging adaptor. Please see our UK extension leads to connect the Ami to a UK domestic 13A socket.
Unlike other EVs, the Citroen Ami is not supplied with a separate granny charger. The granny charger is instead built into the car, with a 3m lead contained in the door recess. UK models are supplied with a CEE7/7 European (2 pin plug). See our Citroen Ami Charging Guide for more detailed guidance.
The Ami can also be charged at any home or public charging point which has a type 2 socket (not tethered lead), which is the most common EV connector in the UK and Europe.
Unlike most other EVs which use a special type 2 to type 2 charging lead, the Ami is connected using the standard charging cable fitted to the vehicle. An adaptor is supplied which enables the European CEE7/7 2 pin plug to be connected to a type 2 EV charging socket.
If the 3m Ami cable is not long enough to reach the adaptor, this extension lead can be connected between the Ami's European plug and the type 2 adaptor.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
If the cable needs to be put through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage 1.25mmsq max PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from European manufactured (subject to stock) H07RN-F 1.5mmsq rubber cable, which is specifically manufactured for harsh environments; its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
- Available in 2m, 5m and 10m - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Weatherproof IP44 rated (protected against low pressure water sprays) CEE7/7 European 2 pin plug and French socket. The socket supplied may vary according to stock and have either a plastic spring loaded (pictured) or rubber push fit cover.
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please contact us for custom lengths or connectors.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- PAT tested.
It is the responsibility of the EV user to consider the manufacturers guidance, the safety of the supply and any other risks, before deciding whether to use an extension lead with an EV charger. Given varying advice from manufacturers and varying risks in a whole myriad of charging scenarios, we cannot make a blanket recommendation that an extension lead should be used. Tough Leads simply supply high quality extension leads which are compatible with the European plug fitted to the Ami. It is down to the user to determine the appropriateness of the application; if in any doubt, consult an electrician. Tough Leads therefore cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of using an extension lead.