Developed in response to customer requests for an extension lead compatible with EV granny chargers, which had a built in heavy duty timer. Useful with electricity tariffs which offer lower cost rates during off peak hours.
Standard domestic plug in timers may not be sufficient to manage the relatively high sustained load of an EV whilst charging. Also timers cannot be used with EV extensions which have an RCD, as the RESET button has to be pressed each time the power is turned on.
Plug in time switches normally use a relay to switch the load, which is sufficient for normal use around the home. However, relays can have a much shorter service life when used for relatively higher currents. We have overcome this issue by instead of using the relay within the timer to control the load directly, it controls a 20A rated contactor. Contactors work using the same principle as a relay, but they far more robust and better suited to switching higher current loads..
- Digital programmable time switch.
- Up to 16 on/off periods can be set for each day.
- Easy to program using clearly marked buttons.
- Battery back-up to retain settings when power is disconnected.
- Available with an optional RCD included within the enclosure.
Contractor rating 230v AC-7a (resistive) 20A, AC-7b (conductive) 6.4A. Can be supplied with a 40A (AC-7a)/15A (AC-7b) contactor if required for larger inductive loads - please contact us for details.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated exceptional quality socket.
- Gewiss robust IP55 weatherproof DIN enclosure (5 = protected against water jets from any direction). Dimensions W105mm x H170mm x D98mm).
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please contact us for custom cable lengths or connectors.
- PAT tested.