We developed the automatic vacuum switch in response to customer feedback that there was a complete lack of cost effective and robust units on the market. Unlike other units which power the tool and vacuum from a single 16A supply, this controller has a separate 16A input for each. This enables far more powerful tools and extractors to be switched, and as they are completely isolated, each input can be supplied from a different 110v transformer.
Simply insert both plugs into a 110v 16A supply, and then connect a power tool and vacuum/dust extractor into each of the sockets. When the power tool turns on, the vacuum is automatically switched on. The vacuum turns off 10 seconds after the power tool, to allow time for the tubing to clear.
Our extractor controls are the only ones on the market which uses an industrial contractor instead of a relay to switch the extractor. Other units use a relay, which is a cheap, compact and great way of controlling resistive loads. The issue is that any power tool with a motor creates an inductive load (further explanation of load types can be found here). When the relay contacts open to turn the tool off, the stored inductive energy in the motor coil is discharged, resulting in a damaging arc across the terminals, which can eventually cause the relay to fail. Our control use a high quality branded contactor instead of a relay. Contactors work using the same principle as a relay, but they are much larger and far better suited to switching higher current inductive loads.
- Robust site proof unit using industrial grade components, which is built to last.
- Extractor is powered for approximately 10 seconds after the power tool has turned off, in order to clear the vacuum tubing. The delay can be manually altered by the user, although this requires removal of the cover (please contact us for guidance).
- Contractor rating 110v AC-1 (resistive) 32A, AC3 (inductive) 18A.
- Robust weatherproof IP56 rated enclosure, which is dust tight. It will also remain watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction. Please note that the connectors are IP44 rated.
- The industrial specification 2.5mmsq H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments. Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- 16A German manufactured Menneke IP44 industrial 110v 16A plug and socket.
- The power tool and vacuum may each draw a max of 16A (subject to the supplying transformer). The two parallel supplies are completely isolated from each other for safety. This also means that the supply for the tool and vacuum can come from different transformers.
- If a no volt release switch (NVR) is fitted to the extractor, this will need to be bypassed (instructions provided).
- PAT tested.
Please note that this is a stand alone unit, and is not compatible with the DUSTIMATE modular extractor control system