This lead is designed to connect appliances with a standard 13A UK plug to a generator with a 13A UK socket. It is not compatible with plug RCDs (an RCD plug is much larger than a standard 13A plug and will have test/reset buttons), EV granny charger plugs or 16A European plugs.
Perfect for heavy duty high current applications, the lead has an IP54 rated single socket. This means that the socket is protected against water spraying from any angle. We would advise that it is suitable for temporary use outdoors, where the socket is not left outside for prolonged periods. For longer term or commercial use, our weatherproof extension lead would be more suitable.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage 1.25mmsq max PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from European manufactured (subject to stock) H07RN-F 1.5mmsq rubber cable, which is specifically manufactured for harsh environments; its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
If you need to thread the cable through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
- Available in 2m, 5m and 10m and 15m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Weatherproof IP54 rated single trailing socket (unlike in the photo, the clip is now black).
- 1.5mmsq cable for high current applications.
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- PAT tested.