Heavy duty version of our popular foot switch, designed to switch larger inductive loads. The foot switch controls a contactor, instead of the tool directly. Contactors work using the same principle as a relay, but they are much larger and far better suited to switching higher current inductive loads.
- Normally open (NO) - The power is turned on when the pedal is depressed, and turns off as soon as it's released.
- Normally closed (NC) - The power is turned off when the pedal is depressed and turns on as soon as it's released. Ideal as an emergency stop if used with a tool with an NVR (on/off switch). As a safety feature, if the power to the unit is disconnected, the socket will always revert to being off when next connected, even if it was latched on when last used.
- Latching - The power is turned on when the pedal is depressed and then remains on. The power is turned off when the pedal is depressed again. As a safety feature, if the power to the unit is disconnected, the socket will always revert to being off when next connected.
Where fitted, an NVR (start/stop switch) would need to be bypassed for the pedal to control the tool. Otherwise, each time the pedal turns on the supply, the start button on the tool would have to be pressed. Further guidance can be found here.
- Robust alloy metal foot pedal with blue/green painted finish, for heavy duty workshop applications.
- Extremely robust IP66 rated enclosure, dimensions L125mm x W125mm x D100mm.
- 16mm indicator illuminates when the output socket is on.
- Contractor rating:
|230v 13A||20A (AC-7a)||6.4A (AC-7b)|
|230v 16A||40A (AC-7a)||15A (AC-7b)|
|110v 16A||32A (AC-1)||18A (AC3)|
- 2m cable from plug to control unit, 0.4m to output socket and 2m control unit to pedal. H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Can be supplied with any length of cable or alternative plug/socket on request e.g. Schuko socket for European tools.
- PAT tested.