Larger retailers have already introduced entrance traffic lights systems to help manage the capacity of their stores and promote social distancing. Such system work using a complex CCTV algorithm, placing them out of the reach of the majority of businesses.
Our traffic light system has been developed to offer an affordable, flexible and reliable solution for small and medium businesses. The sign mounted unit enables a portable highly visual indicator to be created, without any installation. Set up is incredibly simple:
- Unfold the A frame sign.
- Turn on the rechargeable battery pack, or plug in the power supply (dependant on chosen option).
- Press a button and stand back to marvel at its simplicity!
How does the system work?
- The system operates using wireless technology. As long as the traffic lights and switches are within 30-50m of each other (dependant on obstructions), they all work in a synchronised way. There are no wires between units.
- When any GREEN button on a controller is pressed, all traffic lights turn green. When any RED button is pressed, all traffic lights turn red. It really is as simple as that! Anyone can press a button in any order, and at any time, and they will all change accordingly.
- Systems can be as basic as just 1 traffic light and 1 key fob switch.
- Up to 20 controllers can be combined with unlimited traffic lights, including window mounted and surface mounted units. If required, installations can be created where specific controllers only control specific lights, or have the opposite effect on different sets of lights e.g. when pressed, one set turns red, whilst the other set turns green.
- More advanced control, including pre-set red/green interval timers and remote switching using smart phones, Alexa and Google Home can be achieved using the Wi-Fi controller.
- Each controller is coded, so only those which are paired will control the system. Before dispatch we will carefully configure you system. Additional components can be bought, and paired yourself, although it is easier if we can configure everything in one go.
- If you are unable to see the sign from inside the premises, additional indicators and heavy duty switches with an integral indicator are available.
Power supply options:
- Power supply: 13A plug in power supply. Sign is supplied with 10m of tough rubber cable , which can be used outside. Please note that the length of cable cannot be extended, although longer lengths can be supplied on request.
- Rechargeable battery pack: Rechargeable sealed lead acid battery power pack, fixed to the back of the sign, providing at least 16 hours of continual operation. Simply plug in the supplied charger, to charge between use.
- Large sign W420 x H594mm, fitted to a heavy duty A frame road sign, made from non-flammable, non-rusting polypropylene. This is an incredibly robust actual road sign.
- Tested to remain stable in winds of up to 19mph without a sand bag, and up to 39mph with a 12kg sand bag.
- Folds flat for storage.
- Weight 6.7kg.
- Clear instructions with stop/go pictogram and short directions to aid understanding, particularly by those with colour blindness.
- 1x Red and 1x green large H98 x W55 x D35mm 3w weatherproof LED indicators.
- Complete with 1x key fob controller.
Please contact us for custom sign designs and installation onto existing A-frames.