Our stand alone dust extractor switch is in a different league to the other 'hobby' units which are available. Built from high quality industrial specification components, in an incredibly robust enclosure, it is designed for heavy professional use. Whilst simple in concept, it's taken over 1.5 years to reach the final mk2 design, with constant refinements being made.
Simply plug the unit into a 230v 13A socket, and then connect the vacuum/dust extractor, and power tool. The 4 way socket version, with 1-5m cable options can be mounted above the workbench, enabling multiple tools to be connected, saving precious time. When any power tool turns on, the extractor is automatically switched on. Once the power tool turns off, the vacuum turns off after 10 seconds.
Our extractor controls are the only ones on the market which use an industrial contactor instead of a relay to switch the extractor. Other units use a relay, which is a cheap, compact and great way of controlling resistive loads. The issue is that any power tool with a motor creates an inductive load (further explanation of load types can be found here). When the relay contacts open to turn the tool off, the stored inductive energy in the motor coil is discharged, resulting in a damaging arc across the terminals, which can eventually cause the relay to fail. We use a high quality branded contactor instead of a relay. Contactors work using the same principle, but they are much larger and far better suited to switching higher current inductive loads.
- Combined vacuum (left) and power tool (right) double socket.
- Separate single socket for the vacuum, and 4 gang socket for the power tools, with an option of 1m and 5m lengths.
- Extremely robust enclosure, dimensions L175mm x W125mm x D100mm.
- Rotary switch to enable dust extractor to be set to off, on or automatic. The switch was chosen to be easy to use when wearing gloves.
- 22mm indicator displays green when the power to the unit is on, and red when the extractor is on.
- Pre-set power off delay of 10 seconds between removal of the last trigger and the extractor turning off, in order to clear ducting. This may be user adjusted by removing the unit cover and turning a control dial.
- H07RN-F 1.5mmsq industrial quality harsh environment rubber cable.
- Contractor rating 230v AC-7a (resistive) 40A, AC-7b (inductive) 15A.
- If a no volt release switch (NVR) is fitted to the extractor, this will need to be bypassed (instructions provided)
- Not compatible with extractors fitted with a motor starter - use the stand alone DoL extractor remote control unit.
- Both the unit and power tool socket may be wall mounted.
- Can be supplied with any length of cable or alternative plug/socket on request.
- PAT tested.
Advantages of an automated system:
- Reduces dust, improving the workshop environment.
- Saves power by running the extractor only when needed.
- Reduces noise.
- Reduces heating bills (where extractor vents outside).
Please note that this is a stand alone unit, and is not compatible with the DUSTIMATE modular extractor control system