The automatic dust extractor switch was developed in response to customer feedback that there was a complete of a professionally quality 110v units on the market. Unlike other hobby units which power the tool and vacuum from a single 16A supply, this controller has a separate 16A input for each, which are completely isolated from each other.
The unit is compatible with extractors which have a simple on/off switch or NVR (NVR must be bypassed). See our guide to dust extractor remote and automatic controls for further information.
Simply insert both plugs into a 110v 16A supply, and then connect a power tool and vacuum/dust extractor into each of the sockets. When the power tool turns on, the extractor is automatically switched on. When the last tool is turned off, the extractor will stop after the set off delay (adjustable, supplied set to 10 seconds).
Our extractor controls are the only ones on the market which use an industrial contractor instead of a relay to switch the extractor. Other units use a relay, which is a cheap, compact and great way of controlling resistive loads. The issue is that any power tool with a motor creates an inductive load (further explanation of load types can be found here). When the relay contacts open to turn the tool off, the stored inductive energy in the motor coil is discharged, resulting in a damaging arc across the terminals, which can eventually cause the relay to fail. Our control use a high quality contactor instead of a relay. Contactors work using the same principle as a relay, but they are much larger and far better suited to switching higher current inductive loads.
- Robust site proof unit using industrial grade components, which is built to last.
- Extractor is powered for approximately 10 seconds after the power tool has turned off, in order to clear the vacuum tubing. The delay can be manually altered by the user, although this requires removal of the cover.
- 16mm blue indicator shows when the extractor is on.
Contractor rating 110v AC-1 (resistive) 32A, AC3 (inductive) 18A.
- The power tool and vacuum may each draw a max of 16A (subject to the supplying transformer). The two inputs are completely isolated from each other for safety.
- Robust weatherproof IP56 rated enclosure, which is dust tight. It will also remain watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction. Please note that the connectors are IP44 rated.
- Industrial specification 2.5mmsq H07RN-F rubber cable specifically manufactured for harsh environments. Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- 16A German manufactured Menneke IP44 industrial 110v 16A plug and socket.
- PAT tested.
Advantages of an automated system:
- Reduces dust, improving the workshop environment.
- Supports compliance with HSE requirements.
- Saves power by running the extractor only when needed.
- Saves time.
- Ensuring dust extraction is always powered up when a tool is in use may improve tool performance.
- Reduces noise.
- Reduces heating bills (where extractor vents outside).