The professional remote control for dust extractors with a DoL motor starters provides the ideal solution for the control of larger extractors in commercial workshops. The remote system can control anything from a small workshop unit, to one the size of a small house!
The unit is only compatible with dust extractors which are controlled by a DoL motor starter. The unit must be hard wired into the DoL starter, which can be single or three phase of any rating (N.B. a neutral is required). See our guide to dust extractor remote and automatic controls for further information.
Pressing the on button on any of the remote controls causes the unit to close the start circuit for a short pulse, mimicking the action of someone pressing the start button on the DoL starter. Pressing the off button on any remote creates a pulse which mimics the stop button being pressed on the DoL starter after the pre-set time delay. The manual start and stop buttons still continue to function on the DoL starter, and can be used interchangeably with the remote buttons.
The professional control has the following additional features when compared to the basic unit:
- Adjustable off delay, to ensure that extraction pipes are clear before the extractor powers down. The unit can be user configured to alter the delay, or remove it completely.
- The unit generates 0.5 second (adjustable) pulsed switching, to ensure that manual controls will always work and the unit cannot become come stuck in an on or off position.
- Twist to release stop button to comply with workshop safety requirements.
- Indicator which illuminates green when a remote start button is pressed and red the stop button is pressed.
Supplied with 1 key fob (second to left). Visit the remote key fobs and switches page for additional switches. Up to 20 remotes can be paired (this requires the front cover of the unit to be removed) with each control.
This YouTube video made by Bradshaw Joinery helpfully shows the unit being installed.
- Click here for the installation manual.
- Extremely robust IP66 rated enclosure, dimensions L175mm x W125mm x D100mm.
- 22mm indicator which turns green when any of the remote start buttons are pressed, and red when a remote stop button is pressed. N.B. It remains off unless a button is pressed and does not display the status of the starter itself.
- Twist to unlock emergency stop switch prevents the extractor from starting by either the remote system of the DoL starter.
- Range up to 40m, using an encoded 433Mhz signal to reduce interference.
- 7 core 1.5mmsq SY control cable. This cable must be connected to terminals within the extractor's motor starter.
- Unit requires a 230v L/N supply. Dry control contacts allow switching of other voltages.
DoL starter is shown in the image to illustrate how the control unit is connected, and is not included.
Advantages of a remote system:
- Reduces dust, improving the workshop environment.
- Supports compliance with HSE requirements.
- Saves power by running the extractor only when needed.
- Saves time.
- Ensuring dust extraction is always powered up when a tool is in use may improve tool performance.
- Reduces noise.
- Reduces heating bills (where extractor vents outside).