IMPORTANT: In order to use these adaptors, you must have the Tesla 16A commando plug lead for the Tesla granny charger (also known as the Mobile Connector/UMC). The lead was briefly supplied as standard in 2019, but is now an optional extra from the Tesla Shop, priced at £35+P&P.
It must not be confused with the 32A lead, which was supplied pre-2019. If unsure you can measure the diameter of the plug with the 16A being 42mm and the 32A 56mm.
The advantage of using the Tesla 16A lead over the 13A UK plug lead, is that faster charger rates can be achieved. The official Tesla figures are provided below:
|Model||13A UK Plug Range/ Hour Charging||
16A Tesla Plug Range/ Hour Charging
Once you have the Tesla 16A adaptor, you can then use our range of travel adaptors to charge at sockets across Europe and Scandinavia for a fraction of the price of purchasing all of the required Tesla adaptors.
The picture below illustrates a typical application; a Tesla Gen 2 Mobile Connector fitted with the Tesla 230v 16A plug cable is connected to a Schuko socket using the standalone Schuko/French universal adaptor.
Choosing the Correct Adaptor
The table below details the most common domestic and industrial 230v single phase sockets in use across the World. If you are not sure which adaptor you require, we're always happy to advise.
- IP44 rated 230v 16A Menneke socket, to connect directly with the Tesla Mobile Connector 16A lead.
- 0.4m of the largest diameter H07RN-F rubber cable which will safely fit the specific plug:
- 2.5mmsq - CEE 230v 16A, CEE 415v 16A, universal Schuko/French adaptor (16A).
- 1.5mmsq - Danish adaptor (16A), Italian adaptor (16A), Swiss adaptor (16A).
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- PAT tested.