This lead is designed to connect hot tubs supplied with a 16A IEC 60309 plug, often referred to as a 'Commando' or 'caravan' plug, and typically found on RotoSpa units. For hot tubs with a UK plug see our standard plug and RCD plug hot tub extensions.
As the hot tub will be connected via a UK 13A plug, it is important to check that the total rating of the unit is less than 2,990w. Appliances with a 16A IEC 60309 can use up to 3,600w - this will overload a UK socket.
Available in 2m, 5m, 10m and 15m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
Please see our hot tub safety page for further advice.
Safety design features:
- Super-sensitive 10mA in-line RCD. An RCD is a life-saving device which is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock. RCDs offer a level of personal protection that ordinary fuses and circuit-breakers do not provide. UK RCDs normally have a rating of 30mA, which is fine for garden power tools. In higher risk applications, a 10mA RCD increases the level of protection provided.
- The RCD is an active unit, which means that the reset button must be pressed each time the power to it is disconnected.
- Weatherproof IP44 rated (protected against low pressure water sprays) Menneke German manufactured socket .
2.5mmsq cable for high current applications, double the thickness of normal DIY extension leads which commonly use 1.25mmsq. The extra thick cable is used in this lead to keep resistance and voltage drop to a minimum. It is for this reason that the maximum length is 15m.
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- PAT tested.
Further recommended precautions:
- The socket must be cited as far away as possible from any hazard and in no circumstances closer than 2m to any body of water (IET Wiring Regulation 702.32).
- In higher risk situations, the socket must be kept 30cm off the ground (IET Wiring Regulation 702.53).
It is the responsibility of the user to consider the IET Wiring Regulations, manufacturer's guidance, the safety of the supply and any other relevant risks, before deciding whether to use an extension lead for any given application. This is of particular importance in circumstances where there is an increased risk of electric shock. If in any doubt, consult an electrician.