Developed in response to customer requests for a time switch which was capable of controlling higher current appliances with a resistive load. Made in our UK workshop, the timer is useful for controlling EV granny chargers to operate during the lowest available electricity tariff.
Standard domestic plug in timers generally use a relatively small relay. Whilst this is sufficient for normal use around the home, they are prone to damage or a shorter operating life when used with higher current appliances, such as EV granny chargers. In contrast, after an extensive search we managed to source a time switch which uses a relay rated at 30A resistive (20A inductive).
For single phase 32A, three phase 16/32A or where switching of all poles if required, please see our heavy duty time switch with contactor range.
An EV extension lead combined with either a manual timer or Wi-Fi control is also available here.
- Click here to download the manual.
- Select from a heavy duty indoor 13A Permaplug trailing socket, weatherproof 13A IP66 rated socket or 16A CEE IEC60309 commando connectors.
- Digital programmable time switch.
- Up to 16 on/off periods can be set for each day, minimum 1 min apart.
- Manual over-ride to select permanently on or off.
- Easy to program using clearly marked buttons.
- Battery back-up to retain settings when power is disconnected (continual power provided for up to 3 years).
- Timer relay rated at 30A resistive (20A inductive), with single pole switching.
- Gewiss robust IP55 weatherproof DIN enclosure. Dimensions W105mm x H170mm x D98mm).
- 0.6m in/0.4m out of 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please note that the timer will not work if the appliance/extension connected to it as an active RCD (an RCD where the RESET button has to be pressed each time power is connected). Any RCD must either be on the supply side of the timer, or a passive unit.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- Please contact us for custom cable lengths or connectors.
- PAT tested.