Specifically designed for the safe connection of boats to marina power supplies, commonly referred to as a 'hook-up' or 'shore line' power cable.
The internet seems to be awash with cheap boat hook-ups using 1.5mm sq orange or blue artic cable. As 1.5mm sq cable is underrated and artic cable also has poor resistance to both mechanical/UV damage and should not be used below -5C, we won't entertain using it.
Our leads are carefully constructed in our workshop from marine grade 2.5mmsq sq H07BQ-F rubber cable, which offers many of the benefits of black H07RN-F rubber, with the advantage of being bright orange. The cable has a silicone appearance and is exceptionally tough.
If you need to store your cable neatly, click on one of the range of carefully selected storage solutions below:
- Heavy duty IEC 60309 16A plug and socket (commonly referred to as industrial, CEE or Commando connectors). We only use extremely robust IP44 German manufactured Menneke connectors.
- 2.5mmsq cable for high current applications.
- The industrial specification H07BQ-F is ideal for marine environments.
- Cable is extremely flexible, bending to 6 times its overall diameter.
- Very good mechanical and UV resistance.
- Resistant to accidental exposure to a wide range of chemicals, including most oils and greases.
- Cable retains its flexibility and performance over a wide temperature range from -40 to 90°C.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.