This lead is designed to connect appliances with a standard 13A UK plug. It is not compatible with plug RCDs (an RCD plug is much larger than a standard 13A plug and will have test/reset buttons), EV granny charger plugs or 16A European plugs.
Perfect for heavy duty high current applications, the lead has an IP54 rated single socket. This means that the socket is protected against water spraying from any angle. We would advise that it is suitable for temporary use outdoors, where the socket is not left outside for prolonged periods. For longer term or commercial use, our weatherproof extension lead would be more suitable.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage 1.25mmsq max PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from European manufactured (subject to stock) H07RN-F 1.5mmsq rubber cable, which is specifically manufactured for harsh environments; its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
Available with either:
- No RCD - Please only consider this option if you are sure that the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is already RCD protected. See Do I need an RCD? for further guidance.
- In-line (30mA) RCD - An RCD is a life-saving device which is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock. The unit is IP66 rated weatherproof. The in-line RCD is vital if the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is not already RCD protected.
- Plug RCD - As above, but the RCD is built into the plug, which must only be used indoors and will not fit into an outside socket.
A time lag switch can be supplied fitted at your specified point along the cable of any garden heater extension lead to save electricity and prolong the life of infrared elements.
If you need to thread the cable through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
- Available in 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m (RCD only) and 25m (RCD only) lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- The RCDs are active units, which means that the reset button must be pressed each time the power is disconnected.
- Splashproof IP54 rated single trailing socket.
- 1.5mmsq cable for high current applications.
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
Please note that the socket is not compatible with the chunkier 13A plug used on some electric vehicles - see our EV lead collection.