This lead is designed to connect garden heaters supplied with a 16A CEE 7/7 European or Schuko plug.
In order to comply with the UK Plugs and Socket Regulations, appliances with a European plug sold within the UK must be supplied with an adaptor. Unfortunately, the size of the adaptor means that the plug won't allow the lid on the outside socket to close. These adaptors also seem prone to over heating over time. You can simply overcome the issue without cutting off the plug and risking potentially voiding the warranty, by using either this extension lead or our shorter European adaptor.
As the appliance will be connected via a UK 13A plug, it is important to check that the total rating of the unit does not exceed 2,900w. European appliances can use up to 3,600w as European sockets are rated at 16A - this will overload a UK socket.
Available with either:
- No RCD - Please only consider this option if you are sure that the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is already RCD protected. See Do I need an RCD? for further guidance.
- In-line (30mA) RCD - An RCD is a life-saving device which is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock. The unit is IP66 rated weatherproof. The in-line RCD is vital if the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is not already be RCD protected.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage 1.25mmsq max PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from European manufactured (subject to stock) H07RN-F 1.5mmsq rubber cable, which is specifically manufactured for harsh environments; its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
- Available in 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m (RCD only) and 25m (RCD only) lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Chose option from a tough 13A plug (Permaplug) in-line RCD (weatherproof IP66 rated for use outside).
- Weatherproof IP44 rated (protected against low pressure water sprays) Schuko socket.
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please contact us for custom lengths or connectors.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- PAT tested.