We're proud to have supported a range of charities and organisations with adaptors to enable refugees from Ukraine to use electrical equipment in UK sockets. To simplifying ordering, all of our adaptors which are suitable for use with electrical items from the Ukraine have been collated on this page.
The electricity supply in the Ukraine is 230v 50Hz, which is the same as the UK. Three types of plugs are used. The CEE7/7 and Schuko look very similar, the only difference being that the CEE7/7 has a hole for the earth pin used in French sockets. For the purposes of UK adaptors, the difference is irrelevant.
Europlug Universal CEE7/7 Schuko
The 13A socket is the only type used within the UK to power domestic appliances. A range of adaptors are detailed below.
- Suitable for temporary use with light duty appliances with a 2 pin (flat shaped) Europlug. Must not be used with CEE7/7 or Schuko plugs which are round, as it will not connect the earth terminal.
- White plastic.
- Fused for safety.
Schuko and CEE7/7 Adaptor
- Suitable for temporary use with appliances with CEE7/7 or Schuko plug.
- Black plastic.
- The unit has a 13A fuse, which is a requirement in the UK for safety.
- Maximum load 13A.
Four Gang Adaptor for use with Europlugs, CEE7/7 and Schuko plugs
- Suitable for permanent use with appliances with a Europlug, Schuko or CEE7/7 plug.
- Robust high quality 4 gang Schuko socket. Unlike most others available, the sockets are shuttered like their UK counterparts for added safety.
- 1m of 1.5mm white PVC cable.
- Large red illuminated switch.
Heavy duty adaptor for use with CEE7/7 and Schuko Plugs
- Suitable for permanent use, and for high power appliances, including charging power tools and heaters.
- Rough connectors with 0.3m of 1.5mmsq rubber cable for high current applications.
Why buy adaptors from us?
All of our travel adaptors have been carefully selected following exhaustive tests, to ensure that they are entirely safe for use in the UK. They may not be the cheapest on-line, but we guarantee that they are safe and appropriate.
We began to sell travel adaptors after becoming concerned at the number of sub-standard unsafe adaptors being sold online, often with a number of seriously dangerous issues:
- The UK electrical system is the only domestic system in the world which is dependant on every plug or adaptor having it's own fuse. Without a fuse, the appliance will only be protected by the 32A socket circuit circuit breaker. As the appliance will be designed to be protected by a 10A or 16A fuse, if a fault develops the cable on the appliance, or the appliance itself may overheat.
- Unsheathed pins, increasing the risk of electrocution, particularly for children whose small fingers may be able to touch the live pin when the plug is only partially inserted.
- Non-shuttered sockets, enabling a child to insert a metal object into the live receptacle and receive an electric shock.
- Cannot safely manage the maximum current (power draw) that may occur from the rating of the socket they are recommended to be used with. This may lead to dangerous over-heating.
- Often do not connect the vital earth pin. Some appliances require an earth connection so that if a fault occurs and an external metal part becomes live, the earth wire safely conducts the electricity away, tripping the circuit breaker or blowing the fuse. If the earth is not connected, the metal will remain live, electrocuting anyone who touches it.