Unlike other EVs, the Citroen Ami is not supplied with a separate granny charger. The granny charger is instead built into the car, with a lead contained in the door recess. It appears that UK models are being supplied with a CEE7/7 European (2 pin plug).
In order to charge from a UK 13A domestic socket, an adaptor is required. Due to the continual 8A load, we do not recommend the use of travel type adaptors. This extension lead is designed to connect directly to the Ami's European plug, enabling charging further away from a socket. If you do not need to extend the length, our European EV adaptor provides an alternative solution.
This lead is compatible with a 16A CEE 7/7 European or Schuko plug.
Typical use below:
We also provide another adaptor to enable the Ami to be charged from a 230v 16A IEC 60309 blue commando socket, commonly found at campsites and marinas.
Available with either:
- No RCD - Please only consider this option if you are sure that the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is already RCD protected. See Do I need an RCD? for further guidance.
- In-line (30mA) RCD - An RCD is a life-saving device which is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock. The unit is IP66 rated weatherproof. The in-line RCD is vital if the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is not already RCD protected.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
If the cable needs to be put through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage 1.25mmsq max PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from European manufactured (subject to stock) H07RN-F 1.5mmsq rubber cable, which is specifically manufactured for harsh environments; its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
- Available in 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m (RCD only) and 25m (RCD only) lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Chose option from a tough 13A plug (Permaplug) in-line RCD (weatherproof IP66 rated for use outside).
- Weatherproof IP44 rated (protected against low pressure water sprays) Schuko socket. The socket supplied may vary according to stock and have either a plastic spring loaded (pictured) or rubber push fit cover.
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- Please contact us for custom lengths or connectors.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- PAT tested.
It is the responsibility of the EV user to consider the manufacturers guidance, the safety of the supply and any other risks, before deciding whether to use an extension lead with an EV charger. Given varying advice from manufacturers and varying risks in a whole myriad of charging scenarios, we cannot make a blanket recommendation that an extension lead should be used. Tough Leads simply supply high quality extension leads which are compatible with the 13A plug fitted to EV chargers. Compatibility with the charger itself is not inferred or implied. It is down to the user to determine the appropriateness of the application; if in any doubt, consult an electrician. Tough Leads therefore cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of using an extension lead.