Heavy duty extension lead, designed to connect high power appliances with a 16A CEE 7/7 European or Schuko plug.
In order to comply with the UK Plugs and Socket Regulations, appliances with a European plug sold within the UK must be supplied with an adaptor. Unfortunately, the size of the adaptor means that the plug won't allow the lid on the outside socket to close. These adaptors also seem prone to over heating over time. You can simply overcome the issue without cutting of the plug and risking potentially voiding the warranty, by using either this extension lead or our shorter European adaptor.
As the appliance will be connected via a UK 13A plug, it is important to check that the total rating of the unit does not exceed 2,900w. European appliances can use up to 3,600w as European sockets are rated at 16A - this will overload a UK socket.
Available in 2m, 5m, 10m and 15m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
Available with either:
- No RCD - Please only consider this option if you are sure that the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is already RCD protected. See Do I need an RCD? for further guidance.
- In-line (30mA) RCD - An RCD is a life-saving device which is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock. The unit is IP66 rated weatherproof. The in-line RCD is vital if the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is not already be RCD protected.
- 13A UK rubberised plug.
- Weatherproof IP44 rated (protected against low pressure water sprays) Schuko socket.
- 1.5mmsq cable for high current applications, thicker than standard DIY extension leads which commonly use 1.25mmsq. The thicker cable is used in this lead to keep resistance and voltage drop to a minimum. It is for this reason that the maximum length is 15m.
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
- PAT tested.
Further recommended precautions if used near a body of water:
- The socket must be cited as far away as possible from any hazard and in no circumstances closer than 2m to any body of water (IET Wiring Regulation 702.32).
- In higher risk situations, the socket must be kept 30cm off the ground (IET Wiring Regulation 702.53). We are currently developing a plastic ground spike, which will be available later in May 2020)
It is the responsibility of the user to consider the IET Wiring Regulations, manufacturer's guidance, the safety of the supply and any other relevant risks, before deciding whether to use an extension lead for any given application. This is of particular importance in circumstances where there is an increased risk of electric shock. If in any doubt, consult an electrician.