Larger retailers have already introduced entrance traffic lights systems to help manage the capacity of their stores and promote social distancing. Such system work using a complex CCTV algorithm, placing them out of the reach of the majority of businesses.
Our traffic light system has been developed to offer an affordable, flexible and reliable solution for small and medium businesses. Installation is incredibly simple:
- Stick the traffic like unit to the inside of a window, using the supplied double sided tape.
- Plug the power supply into a 13A socket, and connect to the traffic light. If the unit is not near a socket, 3-10m extension cables can be added.
- Press a button and stand back to marvel at its simplicity!
How does the system work?
- The system operates using wireless technology. As long as the traffic lights and switches are within 30-50m of each other (dependant on obstructions), they all work in a synchronised way. There are no wires between units.
- When any GREEN button on a controller is pressed, all traffic lights turn green. When any RED button is pressed, all traffic lights turn red. It really is as simple as that! Anyone can press a button in any order, and at any time, and they will all change accordingly.
- Systems can be as basic as just 1 traffic light and 1 key fob switch.
- Up to 20 controllers can be combined with unlimited traffic lights, including surface mounted and portable sign units. If required, installations can be created where specific controllers only control specific lights, or have the opposite effect on different sets of lights e.g. when pressed, one set turns red, whilst the other set turns green.
- More advanced control, including pre-set red/green interval timers and remote switching using smart phones, Alexa and Google Home can be achieved using the Wi-Fi controller.
- Each controller is coded, so only those which are paired will control the system. Before dispatch we will carefully configure you system. Additional components can be bought, and paired yourself, although it is easier if we can configure everything in one go.
- You can see the status of the traffic light using the indicator on the back of the window unit. A separate indicator unit is available if required e.g. to place higher up, or in a different location.
- A4 (W210 x H297mm) sized rigid plastic sign, with clear instructions. Stop/go pictogram included with short directions to aid understanding, particularly by those who are colour blind.
- UK 13A plug in 12v power supply, with 1m cable.
- 3m 12v power extension cable included.
- 1x Red and 1x green 22mm LED indicators on the front, and 1x multicolour red/green 22mm LED indicator on the back.
- Double sided tape to fix to the inside of a window.
- Complete with 1x key fob controller.
Please contact us for custom sign designs.