Unfortunately when conventional WiFi sockets are used with outdoor sockets, they do not enable the socket lid to be closed, removing the weatherproof rating. This unit has been developed to overcome the problem. Simply plug in the weatherproof WiFi switch, connect it using a mobile phone app and enjoy full control of any device which is plugged in. Can be integrated into Google Home, Amazon Alexa and other WiFi based platforms (use with an Alexa to enable voice control when in a hot tub seems to be a popular with our customers!)
WiFi smart home automation is becoming increasingly popular, enabling more convenient control of items in the garden, whilst reducing electricity bills. Ideal for outdoor appliances, lights and domestic Christmas lights.
The orange socket is compatible with standard UK 13A plugs, but is not compatible with plug RCDs (an RCD plug is much larger than a standard 13A plug, and will have test/reset buttons) or 16A European plugs.
Please ensure that there is WiFi signal at the location where the unit will be used before ordering. If WiFi is not available, a stand alone plug in timer is also available here.
- 13A Heavy duty plug (Permaplug).
- Weatherproof IP54 rated single trailing UK 13A socket.
- 0.3m either side of WiFi unit industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable.
WiFi switch specification:
- Weatherproof in-line WiFi switch L140 x W62 x H42mm
- Maximum load 13A (resistive).
- Simple to connect to WiFi by installing the ENER-J app on a mobile phone (requires Andoird 4.1 / iOS 9 or higher) and following the instructions provided.
- Can be integrated with Google Home, Amazon Alexa and other WiFi based platforms.
- Wireless frequency - 2.412-2.484GHz
- Wireless IEEE standards - IEEE802.11b/g/n
- Security - WEP61/WEP128/TKIP/CCMP(AES)
- Security mechanism - WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK