Specifically designed for the safe connection of boats with a 230v 16A Marinco inlet plug to marina power supplies, commonly referred to as a 'hook-up' or 'shore line' power cable. The connector pushes in, and then twists to lock.
The internet seems to be awash with cheap boat hook ups using 1.5mm sq orange or blue artic cable. As 1.5mmsq cable is underrated and artic cable also has poor resistance to both mechanical/UV damage and should not be used below -5C, we won't entertain using it.
Our leads are carefully constructed in our workshop from marine grade 2.5mmsq H07BQ-F rubber cable, which offers many of the benefits of black H07RN-F rubber, with the advantage of being bright orange. The cable has a shiny silicone appearance and is exceptionally tough. It is also the same cable as the yellow version used in ready assembled leads supplied by Marinco.
If you need to store your cable neatly, click on one of the range of carefully selected storage solutions below:
|Velcro tie||H Frame||
- Available in 5m, 10m and 20m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Genuine Marinco 230v 16A socket connector. Please beware of cheaper 'Marinco compatible' sockets, which are not constructed to the same marine grade standard.
- Heavy duty CEE IEC 60309 IP44 rated German manufactured Menneke 230v 16A plug.
- 2.5mmsq cable for high current applications.
- The industrial specification H07BQ-F is ideal for marine environments.
- Cable is extremely flexible, bending to 6 times its overall diameter.
- Very good mechanical resistance.
- Resistant to accidental exposure to a wide range of chemicals, including most oils and greases.
- Cable retains its flexibility and performance over a wide temperate range from -40 to 90°C.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- A black rubber H07RN-F version of the cable is also available.
- PAT tested.