Designed following customer feedback, this lead is the only weatherproof extension lead available within the UK, with a socket which can accommodate the bulkier designed 13A plug now fitted to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
Please see our article on safely charging electric vehicles for advice on extension leads. We know that deciding on the right temporary charging solution can be more complicated than anyone would first think - please don't hesitate to contact us if we can help in any way.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our workshop from the highest quality and most robust cable and plug/sockets available. The H07RN-F rubber cable is specifically manufactured for harsh environments and its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
If you need to store your cable neatly, click on one of the range of carefully selected storage solutions below:
|Velcro tie||H Frame||
If you need to thread the cable through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
- Available in 0.4m (adaptor to connect the EV charger to your existing outside socket), 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m (RCD only) and 25m (RCD only) lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Chose option from a tough 13A plug (Permaplug), RCD plug or an in-line RCD (weatherproof IP66 rated for use outside). The RCD are active units, which means that the reset button must be pressed each time the power is disconnected.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated exceptional quality 13A socket, for connection to the 13A plug on a 'granny' charger.
- Socket can be locked shut with a small padlock with a maximum diameter of 5.5mm (not included).
- 1.5mmsq cable for high current applications- these leads won’t get warm when used at full current (when uncoiled).
- In-line RCD
- Always ensure that leads are fully uncoiled before use, as coiled leads can become warm when used at high currents.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.
It is the responsibility of the EV user to consider the manufacturers guidance, the safety of the supply and any other risks, before deciding whether to use an extension lead with an EV charger. Given varying advice from manufacturers and varying risks in a whole myriad of charging scenarios, we cannot make a blanket recommendation that an extension lead should be used. Tough Leads simply supply high quality extension leads which are compatible with the 13A plug fitted to EV chargers. Compatibility with the charger itself is not inferred or implied. It is down to the user to determine the appropriateness of the application; if in any doubt, consult an electrician. Tough Leads therefore cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of using an extension lead.