This lead is designed to connect appliances with a standard 13A UK plug. It is not compatible with plug RCDs (an RCD plug is much larger than a standard 13A plug, and will have test/reset buttons) or 16A European plugs. Please see our extra large 13A UK socket or European extensions.
Perfect for heavy duty high current applications, such as powering items in the garden, including lights and heaters. The weatherproof socket's IP66 rating means that it remains watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction. Unlike any DIY store extension leads which are often sold as 'weatherproof', this lead can actually be used for prolonged periods outside.
Available with no RCD, plug RCD or an in-line RCD. See our guide Do I need an RCD?, to ensure that you purchase the correct lead.
Due to the maximum rating of the UK 13A plug, the total load of the appliances connected to this double socket must not exceed 2,900W.
If you need to store your cable neatly, click on one of the range of carefully selected storage solutions below:
|Velcro tie||H Frame||Cable reel|
If you need to thread the cable through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
- Available in 2m, 5m and 10m, 15m, 20m and 25m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Chose from a tough 13A plug (Permaplug), or an in-line RCD (weatherproof IP66 rated for use outside). The RCD are active units, which means that the reset button must be pressed each time the power is disconnected.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated Hamilton double switched socket. This is a really robust unit, which will remain watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction.
- Socket can be locked shut using a padlock (max diameter 5.5mm).
- 1.5mmsq cable for high current applications- these leads won’t get warm when used at maximum load (when uncoiled) and are therefore ideal for garden heaters.
- Industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperate range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about this cable
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- PAT tested.
- If you intend to use an extension lead to power an inflatable hot tub, we would recommend using one from our hot tub lead collection.