This lead is designed to connect appliances with a standard 13A UK plug. It is not compatible with plug RCDs (an RCD plug is much larger than a standard 13A plug, and will have test/reset buttons) or 16A European plugs.
Perfect for heavy duty high current applications, such as powering items in the garden, including lights and heaters. The weatherproof socket's IP66 rating means that it remains watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction. Unlike any DIY store extension leads which are often sold as 'weatherproof', this lead can actually be used for prolonged periods outside.
Available with either a standard switched double socket or a USB socket, handy for keeping mobile phones charged and powering gadgets.
Available with either:
- No RCD - Please only consider this option if you are sure that the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is already RCD protected. See Do I need an RCD? for further guidance.
- In-line (30mA) RCD - An RCD is a life-saving device which is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock. The unit is IP66 rated weatherproof. The in-line RCD is vital if the socket you will be connecting the extension lead to is not already RCD protected.
Due to the maximum rating of the UK 13A plug, the total load of the appliances connected to this double socket must not exceed 2,900W.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
If the cable needs to be put through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
A time lag switch can be supplied fitted at your specified point along the cable of any garden heater extension lead to save electricity and prolong the life of infrared elements.
- Available in 2m, 5m and 10m, 15m, 20m and 25m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- The RCD are active units, which means that the reset button must be pressed each time the power is disconnected.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated high quality Hamilton branded socket. An IP66 rating means that the socket is protected against powerful water jets.
- Can be wall mounted - see guide.
- To guard against unauthorised access, the socket can be locked shut with a small padlock (max 5.5mm diameter) available here.
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about our cables.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- PAT tested.