This lead is designed to connect appliances with a standard 13A UK plug to a generator with a 13A UK socket. It is not compatible with plug RCDs (an RCD plug is much larger than a standard 13A plug, and will have test/reset buttons) or 16A European plugs.
The weatherproof socket's IP66 rating means that it remains watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction. Unlike any DIY store extension leads which are often sold as 'weatherproof', this lead can actually be used for prolonged periods outside.
Available with either a standard switched double socket or a USB socket, handy for keeping mobile phones charged.
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
If the cable needs to be put through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
Due to the maximum rating of the UK 13A plug, the total load of the appliances connected to this double socket must not exceed 2,900W.
- Available in 2m, 5m and 10m and 15m lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated high quality Hamilton branded socket. An IP66 rating means that the socket is protected against powerful water jets.
- Can be wall mounted - see guide.
- To guard against unauthorised access, the socket can be locked shut with a small padlock (max 5.5mm diameter) available here.
- 1.5mmsq cable for high current applications, thicker than standard DIY
- Supplied with standard double or USB socket (as selected). USB A socket rating 3.1A 5v total output.
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about our cables.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- PAT tested.