Weatherproof single or double sockets, ideal for providing power to inflatable hot tubs fitted with a standard UK 13A plug. Not compatible with RCD plugs - please see our extra large socket.
Unlike many other types of socket, these units can accommodate the larger 2.5mmsq flexible cable used on some hot tubs, enabling the lid to be closed shut.
We don't just sell sockets. We are obsessed with finding the highest quality components for the Tough Leads range of products. As part of our development of a different product range, we bought in and evaluated every type of outdoor 13A socket available in the UK. These sockets shone as the winner by a long margin, and are simply in a different league to the standard cheap versions found in DIY stores. Having now fitted many thousands of them to our range of extension leads, we've found them exceptionally reliable.
- Single (1 gang) or double (2 gang) socket.
- Robust high impact UV stable construction. The plastic will not discolour, fade or crack and operates in extremes of temperatures.
Easy-to-open latch, ensuring that the socket remains closed, even with the larger 2.5mmsq flex. Unlike other cheaper brand, the clips won't break off.
Multiple 20mm round entry positions on all four sides and single 20/25mm entry on the back.
IP66 rated, which means that it provides complete protection to the ingress of dust, and will remain waterproof even when subject to powerful water jets from any angle.
To guard against unauthorised access, the socket can be locked shut with a small padlock (5.5mm maximum diameter).
- All outdoor sockets must be connected to a circuit protected by an RCD.
- Ensure that the socket is installed and tested in accordance with the IET Wiring Regulation.
- The socket must be cited as far away as possible from any hazard and in no circumstances closer than 2m to any body of water (IET Wiring Regulation 702.32).
- In higher risk situations, the socket must be kept 30cm off the ground (IET Wiring Regulation 702.53).