This lead is designed to connect appliances with a standard 13A UK plug. It is not compatible with plug RCDs (an RCD plug is much larger than a standard 13A plug, and will have test/reset buttons) or 16A European plugs.
Perfect for heavy duty high current applications, such as powering items in the garden, including lights and heaters. The weatherproof socket's IP66 rating means that it remains watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction. Unlike any DIY store extension leads which are often sold as 'weatherproof', this lead can actually be used for prolonged periods outside.
An RCD is a life-saving device which is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock. Leads are available with:
Not having an RCD is appropriate when you are sure that the socket the extension lead will be connected to is already RCD protected. See Do I need an RCD? for further guidance.
|The unit is weatherproof with an IP66 rating. As the extension has a standard 13A plug fitted before the RCD, it fits all outdoor sockets and enables the socket cover to fully close.|
We offer a range of cable storage solutions to keep your lead neat and tidy.
A time lag switch can be supplied fitted at your specified point along the cable of any garden heater extension lead to save electricity and prolong the life of infrared elements.
If you need to thread the cable through a letterbox or other small opening, purchase the lead you require, and then add on our letterbox connector.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy to damage 1.25mmsq max PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from European manufactured (subject to stock) H07RN-F 1.5mmsq rubber cable, which is specifically manufactured for harsh environments; its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated high quality Hamilton branded socket. An IP66 rating means that the socket is protected against powerful water jets.
- Can be wall mounted - see guide.
- To guard against unauthorised access, the socket can be locked shut with a small padlock (max 5.5mm diameter) available here.
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about our cables.
- Always ensure that leads are fully uncoiled before use, as coiled leads can become warm when used at high currents.
- When used with high current appliances, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm, using these instructions.
- PAT tested.