Unfortunately when conventional WiFi socket controllers are used with outdoor sockets, they do not enable the socket lid to be closed, decreasing the weatherproof IP rating. In order to overcome the problem, this unit can be fitted to any 13A extension lead ordered from us, as part of the assembly process.
On arrival of the lead simply plug it in (reset the RCD if fitted) and connect it to your WiFi network using a mobile phone app to enjoy full control of any device which is plugged in. Can be integrated into Google Home, Amazon Alexa and other WiFi based platforms.
WiFi smart home automation is becoming increasingly popular, enabling more convenient control of items in the garden, whilst reducing electricity bills. In addition to remote control, the timer function can be used to operate during the lowest available electricity tariffs.
When ordered with an extension lead, the WiFi unit will be supplied already fitted to the cable. Unless stated in the order notes, the WiFi unit will be fitted at the following approximate point:
- 13A plug lead - 40cm from the plug
- RCD plug lead - 40cm from the RCD plug
- In-line RCD lead - 40cm from the socket side of the in-line RCD
If you would like it fitted at a different point along the lead, please add this requirement into the 'Notes to seller' box at the checkout.
Please ensure that there is WiFi signal at the location where the unit will be used before ordering. If WiFi is not available, a stand alone plug in timer is also available here.
WiFi switch specification:
- Weatherproof IP55 in-line WiFi switch L140 x W62 x H42mm
- Maximum load 13A (resistive).
- Simple to connect to WiFi by installing the ENER-J app on a mobile phone (requires Android 4.1 / iOS 9 or higher) and following the instructions provided.
- Can be integrated with Google Home, Amazon Alexa and other WiFi based platforms.
- Wireless frequency - 2.412-2.484GHz
- Wireless IEEE standards - IEEE802.11b/g/n
- Security - WEP61/WEP128/TKIP/CCMP(AES)
- Security mechanism - WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK